But, still I hear over and over again that people in different organisations are using a language and behaviour that kill creativity in seconds.
Here are some perfect tips how to kill ideas and suppress any form of creativity.
- Make this your first mantra ‘It’s been tested before, and it didn’t work then.’
- Your second mantra should be ‘This is the way it’s always been done’. Make your experience your weapon to avoid new ideas.
- Never imagine a better future for yourself or anyone else.
- Let your inner critic lead you and hold you back. And then brand yourself as average with no special talents.
- Make people who suggest new ideas feel nervous. Hey, it’s all about showing that you have the power. Practice a skeptic and cynical face in the mirror every morning.
- Be greedy. Steal others ideas and never give credit to anyone else, only push your agenda.
- Discriminate people because of their age. Say things like ‘You are too young to understand this’ or ‘You are too old to see how youngsters do things today’.
- Be suspicious of people who come from other backgrounds than you. Tell them in a passive-aggressive way so it makes them feel awkward and insecure.
- Never learn anything new and aim to be a total technophobe. New technology is not for you, and you have nothing to gain from learning more about it.
- Bully the people you work with, and never invite anyone with more talent than you into your group.
- Always say that there is no budget to try out something new, and if you can’s see an immediate return on investment there is no need testing it out.
- Never listen to anyone else. Change subject as soon as it sounds as is someone has something interesting to say. Interrupt and get overly excited about your own thought!
- It’s especially important never to listen to your customers. They don’t know much anyway!
- Aim to be a dishonest person with an agenda never to be trusted. If anyone trusts you with a secret, share it with others immediately.
- You don’t need to do anything today, wait until tomorrow or next week… You are NOT here on this Earth to express yourself creatively. Be average. Be a nobody. Especially have no integrity.
- If anyone you know is an artist, songwriter, poet or photographer, or something that involves their personal creativity, never work with them. They are obviously a threat.